Save big on home improvements-lots of incentives from all levels of Government!
Some of the home improvement incentives available are:
- Get government rebates for home energy improvements: LiveSmart BC and ecoENERGY Retrofit Initiatives, formerly the EnerGuide for Houses, are currently offering huge rebates for making your home more energy efficient.
- Save on taxes: Home Renovation Tax Credit (HRTC): On Jan 27, 2009 the federal government announced a 15% tax credit for home renovations up to $1,350. Provincial tax exemptions: Tax exemptions are offered for the purchase of select energy-efficient equipment and materials.
- Save on financing options: If your home's EnerGuide rating improves by a minimum of five points, you may be eligible for a low-interest renovation loan (at prime rate), in the range of $3,500-$20,000, for up to ten years. -Save on your MortgageThe Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation offers a 10% refund on its mortgage loan insurance premiums. BC Hydro rebates
- Benefit from a free energy assessment: For businesses that spend more than $20,000 a year on energy costs - from condos to warehouses located in the Lower Mainland, Squamish and the Interior - Terasen Gas is offering a free energy assessment.
- Get a free energy-saving kit: BC Hydro is offering a free energy saving kit to low-income households.
- Save on windows: BC Hydro website lists several companies that offer incentives for energy efficient windows.
To find out more details about these incentive programs please visit: http://vancouver.ca/oneday/takeAction/atHome/incentive.htm
(Source: Macdonald Realty Ltd - MacGreen Program)